MACBETH project has been structured into 8 work packages (WP), which will be implemented in 54 months.
WP1: Exploitation & Business Plan
WP1 aims for an early business case definition, clear understanding of market barriers and needs, regulatory framework and potential risks.
The final objective is to guide the project towards highly deployable results, fulfilling the needs of the target market. WP1 also sets the framework for high impact dissemination actions to promote and support future market uptake. LCA, LCC and techno-economic assessment will be performed, in order to prove the viability of the developed materials and technologies, and to give insights about the further use of the technologies.
WP2: Project Management and Coordination
WP2 ensures an effective project management all along the execution of the work plan which includes the following actions:
• Overall administrative, contractual and financial reporting
• Organization of project meetings
• Coordination of internal communication
• Risk planning
EPM (Work Package Leader)
WP3: Building Blocks
WP3 is the technical work package where the individual building blocks will be further optimized and tested before the final scale-up to TRL7.
This work package runs for the first 18 months on the project and includes the following actions:
- Cross fertilization of project lines
- Development of supports
- Development of catalysts
- Development of membranes
- Test performance of building blocks, interactions with membranes
TUE (Work Package Leader)
ETI, LIQ, FAU, DTU, CSIC, HGZ, TEC, ICI, POLIMI, RKV, KT, UNISA, ENZY, CHIVI, VITO, JM, SOLU, MICRO, TUPRAS
WP4: Scale up building blocks
In WP4, the optimized building blocks (supports, catalysts and membranes) from WP3 will be scaled up to TRL7 for the installation in all the demo plants.
TEC (Work Package Leader)
ETI, LIQ, DTU, CSIC, HGZ, TEC, ICI, POLIMI, RKV, KT, UNISA, ENZY, CHIVI, VITO, JM, MICRO, TUPRAS
The respective demo plants (5 in total for 4 lines) will be engineered in WP5 which includes the following actions.
- Engineering of case demonstration units (engineering design and construction for all cases)
- Procurement, manufacturing of components and construction of pilot demonstration units
- Conceptual engineering of full-scale industrial plant
KT (Work Package Leader) ETI, LIQ, TUE, TEC, ICI, POLIMI, ENZY, CHIVI, VITO, SOLU, MICRO
The final commissioning and demonstration of the demo plants at TRL7 for a cumulative demonstration of more than 35000 h is carried out in WP6.
This includes the following tasks:
- Alignment of cases for pilot demonstration and preparation of infrastructure
- Implementation of full Life Cycle Analysis for all cases
- Demonstration phase of the demo cases
- Validation of proposed benefits
ETI (Work Package Leader)
EPM, LIQ, TUE, TEC, ICI, CHN2, ENG, KT, UNISA, PNO, ENZY, CHIVI, VITO, SOLU, MICRO, TUPRAS
WP7 translates the general framework established in WP1 into a coherent set of specifications for the CMR systems that will be demonstrated within the project as well as defining the requirements of the different materials and their scale up.
WP7 will gather all the modelling related to building block and system modelling in an integrated multi-scale approach.
- Modelling approach definition
- Detailed (or Micro or Building Blocks) modelling
- Definition of System (or Macro) modelling
- Commercial tool
- Other industrial applications
POLIMI (Work Package Leader)
LIQ, TUE, FAU, DTU, HGZ, TUE, TEC, ICI, ENG, KT, ENZY, SOLU, TUPRAS
WP8: Dissemination & Education
WP8 runs throughout the whole project, feeding from the results of previous work packages, and providing support to exploitation of project results through highly focused communication and dissemination activities. This WP will also pave the way for an effective education of the chemical industry regarding CMRs.
PNO (Work Package Leader)